Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Egypt will take time to change

When I am in Tahrir (liberation) square with the masses I feel extremely comfortable, and feel that change could almost be instantaneous. I feel happy and proud and see a very colourful image in Egypt , one that I have long dreamed of. One that has values of equality and beauty that has been rooted in the minds of many about Egypt. However, today I actually had a different routine compared to the weeks after Jan 25th. Today I took a trip to Zagazig to attend a social event for a relative. Driving along I realised that change in the behaviour of Egyptians will need time (a considerable amount of time) to take effect. I am still optimistic, but no longer a dreamer as I was on the days I visit Tahrir square. Lets hope that this change will take its course quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment