Friday, May 27, 2011

Ecstatic about “reviving the revolution spirit”

I was really trilled and delighted on Friday noon once I made it into Tahrir square. Walking across Kasr Elnil bridge and seeing the check points organized by the protesters welcoming us and apologetic for having to check IDs and frisk us down for unwanted material brought a lot of happy moments. I suddenly started to feel a sensation of comfort and a lot of memories. It was preceded with a feeling of righteousness as I saw the weather since earlier in the day and how after a very hot and challenging sunny day on Thursday, cloud cover allowed more people to join and gave me a sense of peace that there is a force greater than all that wants this to happen. It was a blessing that was unexpected. As I walked into the square I was happier with the turnout of the day, there were numbers that were far more than I imagined and that reminded me of Jan 25th, when I was expecting somewhere around 1000 people only to show up and was amazed at the numbers that walked then from Mostafa Mahmoud. I felts a great amount of internal pleasure and peace and hope of a better future ahead. Also the fact that the magnitude dwarfed the image of several political movements that have elected to be against this day even more and that their loss continues to grow day by day and that they resist to learn lessons of history.

"Go Egypt Go"


One other thing, realized a little more than despite my denial I have some emotional side to me, and that certain things can easily trigger a rush of emotions that I can't control.

No comments:

Post a Comment